Become a volunteer
We are currently recruiting for new search team members who can assist in searching for missing persons and associated tasks.
Being a search team member can be highly rewarding though it may occasionally be challenging.
Often searches may occur at odd times and in variable weather conditions.
Search team members will have the opportunity to develop their skills such as first aid, navigation and leadership that may aid them in both their duties as searchers and also in everyday life.
Operational search team members should;
- Be over 18 years old
- Be physically fit - able to walk 5 miles in 2 hours
- Live and/or work in or close to the Leicestershire area
- Communicate well with others
- Be a good team player who will be accepted by other members
- Be able to understand and carry out instructions
- Willing to learn and apply new skills
- Have own transport that can be used when called to a incident
All prospective team members must fill out our application form and also attend an interview.
Formal police vetting will need to be undertaken and a confidentiality agreement signed in order to be accepted as a member.
New operational members must also complete a basic search course and basic first aid qualification prior to being able to attend active searches.
In recruiting for all positions we strictly adhere to an equal opportunities policy.
We are also recruiting for non-operational team members, undertaking such important tasks as:
- Team administration
- Event planning
- Maintaining essential equipment
Important please send application forms to:
Leicestershire Search & Rescue
c/o The Office,
4 Oakham Grove,
Ashby De La Zouch,